The "Why Hire Me" presentation isn"t common. But I recently aided a friend with this, and it obtained me reasoning around the procedure and what some advantageous tactics and also tactics are.
You are watching: Why you should hire me powerpoint presentation
1. Give them a well-rounded view of you as a person—not just experienced accomplishments, but your hobbies and also interests.
Our frifinish, for example, had a slide listing his interests in addition to a photo that showed his take a trip and also volunteer job-related. He told them (hobbies adjusted to somepoint slightly different) that he"s an amateur kitesurfer, an avid BMXer, and a light-sport aircraft pilot.
(Or probably you"ve developed your very own elaborate tableoptimal game.)
I had actually no idea my friend was an LSA pilot (WHAT OTHER SECRETS DOES HE HAVE), and I silently updated my psychological records, wondering once, precisely, he ever before had time to execute that.
2. Provide examples of exactly how your suffer matches up via the role. If you"ve already received feedback or deserve to infer what their main objections may be to hiring you, you can want to pick examples that reinpressure why you"re capable of doing the job.
Do your research beforehand also, and also acquire crafty. Our friend looked with all of this company"s project postings to acquire a feel for what tools/software they provided. Job postings have the right to be a beneficial resource of information on just how a agency operates.
3. Tell them WHY you"re excited about the duty. And make the presentation interactive—ask your audience easy, relevant questions to rise engagement.
4. Give them some ideas around what you would certainly execute if you had the job—yet don"t offer away the store. You"ve more than likely watched this on Silsymbol Valley: a company brings someone in, asks them to deal with a hairy difficulty on a whiteboard, and never before talks to them aobtain.
It"s not unprevalent for interviewers to describe a problem and also ask just how you would method it. If it"s straight connected to what you"d be doing for them, attempt to give them an overview of what you"d execute, however not so many type of details that they have the right to hire an extra junior perboy and run with your setup -- or take credit for it themselves and also obtain promoted off of it. Due to the fact that they will certainly.
5. Practice in front of an audience—friends, household, perplexed people at Trader Joe"s, and so on Practice the instance from beginning to end, and also through the majority of beginning and also protecting against to simulate being asked concerns. Watch for phrases you tfinish to overuse.
6. Get there early, and also do not be afrhelp to reconnumber the room if you must. You do not want to be stuck in an uncomfortable chair or have a bbest home window in front of you.
Don"t stand behind a podium the whole time, if that"s the layout. Unmuch less the situation plainly calls for sitting, you"ll more than likely want to stand while you existing.
7. Try to gain the recruiter or hiring manager to offer you any kind of insights they have into what the firm desires you to cover. It"s feasible some providers will certainly offer you a list; others might simply say "execute what feels best."
8. Be sure to come well-rested, and also eat a high-protein meal beforehand. There"s no method to tell if you"ll have an opportunity to eat in the time of interview day. Bring food and also water with you simply in situation.
9. Try to obtain a list of the civilization that will certainly be attending ahead of time. This will certainly assist you decide whether it"s going to be a high-level, strategic conversation, or if it"s going to be a technological conversation concentrated on details.
Will the people attfinishing be on a peer level, a higher level, a trainee level? All three? This will certainly help you prepare questions, readjust your focus, and understand just how a lot indevelopment to provide -- and what tools you usage via your presentation.
10. Ideally, leave at least 15 minutes at the end for Q&A—though you can inspect through the recruiter if they want to ask questions throughout or conserve them for later on. Prepare some general questions and also a choice of questions targeted toward specific civilization.
See more: 5) Which Of The Following Statements Is True Of A Work Team?
11. If you"re presenting to a bigger team, and tfinish to be sensitive to people"s expressions and also body language, it helps to mean that some of them will certainly seem closed off, protective, unresponsive, or even hostile, even if that"s actually not how they feel at all. If you go in expecting that, and understand it doesn"t necessarily reflect just how much they carry out or do not prefer you, it won"t throw you as a lot.