Things Upon Which You Should Ponder:
1. Explain just how this strategy allows you to uncover the mole ratio of reactants.
You are watching: Why must you keep a constant volume of reactants
The optimum ratio, or the mole ratio of the reactants, is the one that produces the highest temperature difference.
2. Why need to you save a consistent volume of reactants?
A better volume of reactants would certainly create a greater temperature. This can be misleading if you use an as a whole greater volume of reactants for one test that then produces a greater temperature than the reduced overall volume of the actual ratio of reactants.
3. It is important that the concentration of the 2 solutions be the same?
It is not essential that the concentrations be the exact same, but it important that you understand the two concentrations. Otherwise, you can’t calculate the number of moles in the amount of solution that you used. It certainly provides things much easier if the concentrations are the same, though.
4. What is intended by the term limiting reagent?
The limiting reagent is the reagent that runs out first in a reaction.
5. Which measurement, temperature or volume, borders the precision of your data?
Volume borders the precision of the data. It is tough to acquire the precise volume that would be the optimum proportion. It is always an approximation from the graph created by the various other quantities.
6. Which reactant is the limiting reagent alengthy the upward sloping line of your graph? Which is the limiting reagent along the downward sloping line?
Systems A is the limiting reagent alengthy the upward sloping line. Systems B is the limiting reagent alengthy the downward sloping line.
7. What physical properties other than temperature readjust might use the technique of continuous variations?
The amount of precipitate developed could be used through the method of continuous variations. However before, precipitate is an extra labor intensive strategy as it hregarding be dried and also filtered. I mean, though, if the reactivity wasn’t exothermic, you would certainly have to usage the precipitate strategy.
8. Why is it even more accurate to usage the suggest of intersection of the two lines to find the mole ratio fairly than the proportion associated through the greatest temperature change?
The intersection of the 2 lines is more than likely closer to the optimum ratio of volumes than any type of of the volumes actually tested. Although the proportion may have actually the biggest temperature change out of all the quantities tested, there can be an untested volume that has actually an also higher temperature adjust. The interarea of the two lines represents a close approximation of the volumes.
See more: Which System Is In A State Of Stable Equilibrium? Stable Equilibrium
9. If the 2 solutions used are not at the same initial temperature, a correction have to be made to uncover the correct adjust in temperature. How need to this be done?
The temperature correction should be via a weighted average. The weighted average takes right into account exactly how a lot of the solution is A and also just how a lot is B. The temperature can then be calculated taking into account what percent of the solution is A and what percentage is B.