Take the quiz to test your knowledge of the vital concepts extended in the chapter. Try testing yourself prior to you check out the chapter to check out where your toughness and weaknesses are, then test yourself aobtain once you’ve review the chapter to watch just how well you’ve taken.
You are watching: Which of the following would be difficult to assess using empirical research?
Tip: Click on each connect to expand and also see the content. Click aobtain to collapse.
PART A: PRINCIPLES AND PLANNING FOR RESEARCH
1. Which of the adhering to should not be a criterion for a good research project?Demonstrates the abilities of the researcherIs dependent on the completion of other projectsDemonstrates the integration of various areas of knowledgeDevelops the abilities of the researcher
2. Which develop of reasoning is the process of drawing a particular conclusion from a collection of premises?Objective reasoningPositivistic reasoningInductive reasoningDeductive reasoning
3. Research that seeks to examine the findings of a jiyuushikan.org by utilizing the exact same design however a different sample is which of the following?An exploratory jiyuushikan.orgA replication jiyuushikan.orgAn empirical jiyuushikan.orgHypothesis testing
4. A researcher deindications an experiment to test exactly how variables communicate to influence job-seeking behaviours. The main objective of the research was:DescriptionPredictionExplorationExplanation
5. Cyber bullying at work-related is a thriving risk to employee project satisfaction. Researchers want to discover out why civilization perform this and also how they feel about it. The main function of the examine is:DescriptionPredictionExplorationExplanation
6. A theory:Is an built up body of knowledgeIncludes inconsequential ideasIs independent of research jiyuushikan.org methodologyShould be viewed uncritically
7. Which jiyuushikan.org approach is a bottom-up technique to research?Deductive methodExplanatory methodInductive methodExploratory method
8. How a lot confidence have to you place in a single research jiyuushikan.org?You need to trust research findings after various researchers have replicated the findingsYou should totally trust a single research jiyuushikan.orgNeither a nor bBoth a and b
a: You have to trust research findings after different researchers have actually replicated the findings
9. A qualitative research jiyuushikan.org trouble statement:Specifies the research jiyuushikan.org methods to be utilizedSpecifies a jiyuushikan.org hypothesisExpresses a relationship between variablesConveys a feeling of arising design
10. Which of the following is a good jiyuushikan.org question?To create a report on student task looking behavioursTo recognize the partnership in between self-efficacy and also student task searching behavioursStudents through higher levels of self-efficacy will certainly show more energetic task searching behavioursDo students through high levels of self-efficacy demonstrate even more energetic task browsing behaviours?
d: Do students via high levels of self-efficacy demonstrate even more energetic task searching behaviours?
11. A review of the literary works before formulating research questions allows the researcher to :Provide an up-to-day understanding of the subject, its definition, and also structureGuide the advance of research questionsPresent out the kinds of research methodologies offered in previous studiesAll of the above
12. Sometimes a substantial review of the literature before data collection is not recommfinished by:EthnomethodologyGrounded theorySymbolic interactionismFeminist theory
13. The feasibility of a research jiyuushikan.org examine should be taken into consideration in light of:Cost and time required to conduct the jiyuushikan.orgAccess to gatekeepers and also respondentsPotential honest concernsAll of the above
14. Research that supplies qualitative approaches for one phase and quantitative techniques for the following phase is recognized as:Action researchMixed-approach researchQuantitative researchPragmatic research
15. Research hypotheses are:Formulated before a testimonial of the literatureStatements of predicted relationships in between variablesB however not ABoth A and also B
16. Which research jiyuushikan.org method is based upon the epistemological viewsuggest of pragmatism?Quantitative researchQualitative researchMixed-techniques researchAll of the above
17. Adopting ethical ethics in research means:Avoiding harm to participantsThe researcher is anonymousDeception is only used when necessarySchosen informants offer their consent
18. A radical perspective on principles argues that:Researchers can do anything they wantThe use of checklists of honest actions is essentialThe powers of Institutional Resee Boards must be strengthenedEthics need to be based upon self-reflexivity
19. Ethical troubles have the right to arise once researching the Net because:Everyone has accessibility to digital mediaRespondents might fake their identitiesResearchers might fake their identitiesWeb research hregarding be covert
20. The Kappa statistic:Is a meacertain of inter-judge validityCompares the level of agreement in between two judges versus what can have been predicted by chanceRanges from 0 to +1Is acceptable above a score of 0.5
b: Compares the level of agreement between two judges against what can have been predicted by chance
1. Which research paradigm is the majority of concerned about generalizing its findings?Quantitative researchQualitative researchMixed-approaches researchAll of the above
2. A variable that is presumed to cause a adjust in another variable is called:An intervening variableA dependent variableAn independent variableA numerical variable
3. A research of teaching specialists posits that their performance-related pay boosts their impetus which in turn leads to an increase in their project satisfaction. What type of variable is ‘motivation”’ in this jiyuushikan.org?Extraneous ConfoundingInterveningManipulated
Browser not sustained
You are making use of a browser variation that is no much longer supported by this webwebsite and might lead to a less-than-optimal experience.
See more: Why Is The Iphone 7 Plus On Backorder S, Iphone 7 Plus 256Gb Backordered
To ensure full site use, please usage an different web internet browser or upgrade your variation of Web Explorer.