In honor of our brand-new ModWord of the Week attribute, we desire to understand - what"s your favorite word and also why?* Tell us what your favorite word is by August 2fifth, and you"ll be entered to win September"s book of the month!*Please try to keep it reasonably clean :-)


You are watching: What is your favorite word and why

ModCloth wrote: "In honor of our new ModWord of the Week function, we want to know - what's your favorite word and also why?* Tell us what your favorite word is by August 25th, and also you'll be gotten in to win September's ..." ' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
*
My favorite word is "moist".It"s exceptionally complex to explain why I choose this word. For starters I like the method that it sounds. If you say it really progressively I am certain that you"ll check out exactly how it is really much more exciting a word than you might have actually initially thought. Then tbelow is just how I never really fairly interpreted the definition. When is somepoint damp, or moist, or wet? Tright here is no definitive point. All in all. Moist is a word that keeps my guessing and thinking, and also is therefore my favorite, also if my thinking is a tiny odd.
Caitlin wrote: "My favorite word is "moist". It's extremely facility to define why I like this word. For starters I choose the way that it sounds. If you say it really progressively I am certain that you'll check out just how it is real..." ' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
*
My favorite word, by far, is "besotted". It simply rolls off the tongue so pleasantly and has such a romantic meaning that I just can"t aid myself :).
Colleen wrote: "My favorite word, by far, is "besotted". It simply rolls off the tongue so pleasantly and also has such a romantic definition that I simply can't help myself :)." ' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;brand-new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
*
Bamboozle bereason of its innate alliteration and bereason it always renders me think of a mobster out of a 1930s movie!
Amanda wrote: "Bamboozle bereason of its innate alliteration and also because it constantly makes me think of a mobster out of a 1930s movie!" ' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
*
My favorite word is "swoon". It is not a prevalent word that we usage anymore, yet I like it"s interpretation and also how it makes one feel once we are in love. I have a frifinish who speaks Serbian and also she just thinks this English word is good, and in the last month I have embraced it as my brand-new favorite!!
April wrote: "My favorite word is "swoon". It is not a common word that we use anyeven more, however I prefer it's meaning and also how it makes one feel when we are in love. I have a frifinish that speaks Serbian and also she just thin..." ' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;brand-new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
*
My favorite word is "flabbergasted". It"s so much fun to say! I really desire to discover out who began this word and exactly how it came around. I think it would be amazing :)
Lauralynn wrote: "My favorite word is "flabbergasted". It's so a lot fun to say! I really want to discover out who began this word and just how it came around. I think it would certainly be interesting :)" ' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
*
Debauchery: because it sounds wicked. I"ve been in love with this word because I initially learned it in fifth grade.
Neverdust wrote: "Debauchery: bereason it sounds wicked. I've remained in love via this word since I first learned it in fifth grade." ' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;brand-new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
*
I"ve constantly loved the word "discombobulated". I think the method it sounds and looks is simply so descriptive of its definition. Just saying the word renders you feel a bit, well, discombobulated...
Chelsea wrote: "I've always loved the word "discombobulated". I think the method it sounds and looks is simply so descriptive of its definition. Just saying the word makes you feel a bit, well, discombobulated..." ' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;brand-new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
*
haberdashery - Because there is no other word in the world favor it!
*
Toast. A delicious item you have for breakfast; a nerve-wracking speech prior to a communal sip of champagne; what you perform to your frozen chicken nuggets; through -y, the means you feel wrapped in a blanket and through a cup of hot chocolate...
Serendipity. It"s just among those words that sounds pretty, and also who doesn"t love the principle of happy crashes or unmeant situations that change our lives for the better?
This might sound strange, however mine is a nonexistent word:Cadine - it sounds prefer it need to be a word, yet a quick search mirrors that it clearly isn"t, in English at least.It"s a name, yet the word I am imagining is not. And for some reason I liken it to chains. I think that have to be Spanish sneaking in: cadena. Her cadine beauty all the even more vivid for its fixity. Would it mean captured or stubborn? Would it be helpless or hard-headed?And it"s a area in Italy; its inhabitants are dubbed Cadeni. The chained (although it"s catena for chain in Italian). And then there"s cadence. Cadenzare - to offer rhythm to.Katena, according to a baby name database, indicates pure in Greek. Chained and also pure are not altogether dissimilar. Unsurprisingly, the closest for a boy"s name Caden suggests battle (likewise round, lumpish, and cask). Oh, gender.


See more: Why Does No2 Have A Higher Boiling Point Than Co2, What Intermolecular Forces Does No2 Have

*
juxtaposed, bereason i like exactly how it looks and sounds in sentences.