38. Operations monitoring involves continuous decision-making; hopetotally most decisions made will be: A. redundant B. minor in nature C. indeveloped D. quantitative E. none of the above
39. A ‘product package’ is composed of: A. the exterior wrapping B. the shipping container C. a combination of items and services D. goods if a production company E. customer relations if a business organization
C. a mix of goods and also service
40. Firm institutions consist of 3 significant features which, ideally: A. support one another B. are mutually exclusive C. exist separately of each other D. feature individually of each various other E. execute not interface through each other
A. assistance one another
41. Which of the adhering to is not a type of operations? A. items manufacturing B. storage/transport C. entertainment D. communication E. all the above involve operations
E. all the over involve operations
42. Technology choices rarely affect: A. prices. B. productivity. C. union task. D. high quality. E. adaptability.
C. union task.
43. Measurements taken at various points in the transformation process for control functions are called: A. plans B. directions C. controls D. feedago E. budgets
44. Budgeting, evaluation of investment proposals, and also provision of funds are tasks linked through the _______ feature. A. operation B. marketing C. purchasing D. finance E. internal audit
45. Which among the adhering to would certainly not mostly be classified under the heading of transformation? A. assembling B. teaching C. staffing D. farming E. consulting
46. Manufacturing job-related sent to various other nations is called: A. downsized B. outsourced C. internationalization D. vertical integration E. entrepreneurial ship
47. Product design and process selection are examples of decisions that are: A. financial B. tactical C. system architecture D. system procedure E. forecasting
C. system design
48. The duties of the operations manager are: A. planning, organizing, staffing, procuring, and reviewing B. planning, arranging, staffing, directing, and also regulating C. forespreading, making, planning, organizing, and also regulating D. forespreading, developing, operating, procuring, and reviewing E. developing and operating
B. planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and also controlling
49. Knowledge abilities generally don’t include: A. procedure expertise B. accountancy abilities C. communication abilities D. global knowledge E. all of the above
C. interaction skills
50. Which of the following is not true about units approach? A. A devices viewpoint is almost always advantageous in decision making. B. A devices technique emphasizes interrelationships among subunits. C. A systems technique concentrates on effectiveness within subdevices. D. A systems strategy is crucial whenever before somepoint is being redesigned or boosted. E. All of the over are true
C. A units approach concentprices on effectiveness within subdevices.
51. What is credited through gains in commercial performance, increased requirements of living and also affordable products? A. personal computers B. the internet C. mass transportation D. assembly lines E. multi-level marketing
D. assembly lines
52. Production devices through customized outputs typically have actually relatively: A. high quantities of output B. low unit prices C. high amount of specialized devices D. rapid work-related motion E. professional workers
E. skilled workers
53. Which is not a far-reaching distinction in between production and organization operations? A. cost per unit B. uniformity of output C. labor content of tasks D. customer contact E. measurement of productivity
A. price per unit
54. Which of the following is not a characteristic of organization operations? A. intangible output B. high customer call C. high labor content D. easy measurement of performance E. low uniformity of output
D. basic measurement of productivity
55. Which of the adhering to is a recent trfinish in business? A. air pollution manage B. complete top quality monitoring C. supply chain monitoring D. competition from international manufacturers E. technical change
C. supply chain management
56. Farming is an instance of: A. an obsolete activity B. a digital organization C. non-manufactured goods D. a growth market E. customized manufacturing
C. non-manufactured goods
57. Dealing through the reality that certain aspects of any kind of management instance are more crucial than others is called: A. analysis of tradeoffs B. sensitivity analysis C. recognition of priorities D. evaluation of variance E. decision table analysis
C. acknowledgment of priorities
58. The reality that a few improvements in a few vital locations of operations will certainly have actually even more affect than many renovations in many type of other locations is continual via the: A. Irwin phenomenon B. Pareto phenomenon C. Stevenson phenomenon D. Tellier phenomenon E. Adam Smith phenomenon
B. Pareto phenomenon
59. The procedure of comparing outputs to previously established requirements to identify if corrective activity is required is called: A. planning B. directing C. controlling D. budgeting E. disciplining
60. Which of the complying with does not relate to mechanism design? A. changing the device capacity B. location of infrastructure C. inventory administration D. selection and also acquisition of devices E. physical setup of departments
C. inventory management
61. Taking a systems viewpoint with regard to operations in today’s environment significantly leads decision-equipments to think about ______________ in response to the ____________. A. flexibility; press to be even more reliable B. offshoring; must promote residential manufacturing C. sustainability; hazard of global warming D. technology; impact of random variation E. forecasting; stabilization of demand
C. sustainability; danger of global warming
62. Some companies attempt to maximize the revenue they obtain from resolved operating capacity by affecting requirements through price manipulation. This is an instance of _________________: A. Illegal price discrimination B. Collusion C. Volume analysis D. Revenue administration E. Outsourcing
D. Revenue management
63. Which of the complying with is not an continuous trfinish in manufacturing? A. globalization B. high quality development C. adaptability and agility D. mass production for higher economic situations of range E. technical advances
D. mass manufacturing for higher economic situations of scale
64. Which of the adhering to is not a advantage of utilizing models in decision making? A. They carry out a standardized format for analyzing a trouble. B. They serve as a consistent tool for review. C. They are simple to usage and less expensive than handling the actual situation. D. All of the over are benefits. E. Namong the above is a benefit.
D. All of the over are benefits.
65. Modern firms progressively count on other firms to supply goods and also solutions instead of doing these tasks themselves. This enhanced level of _____________ is resulting in increased emphasis on ____________ administration. A. outsourcing; supply chain B. offshoring; lean C. downsizing; complete quality D. optimizing; inventory E. internationalization; intercultural
A. outsourcing; supply chain
Operations supervisors are responsible for assessing consumer desires and also needs and also marketing and promoting the organization’s goods or services.
Often, the collective success or faitempt of companies’ operations attributes will certainly affect the capability of a country to complete with various other nations.
Companies are either producing products or carrying solutions. This suggests that only one of the two types of operations management strategies are provided.
Operations, marketing, and also finance attribute separately of each other in the majority of organizations.
The higher the degree of customer involvement, the even more challenging the style and monitoring of operations.
Goods developing organizations are not connected in service activities
Service operations require additional inventory because of the unpredictcapability of customer demand.
The value of outputs is measured by the prices customers are willing to pay for goods or services.
. The use of models will certainly guarantee the ideal feasible decisions.
People who work-related in the area of operations should have actually skills that incorporate both understanding and people abilities.
Assembly lines completed efficiency however at the expense of typical of living.
The operations manager has actually main duty for making operations system style decisions, such as device capacity and also location of facilities.
The word "technology" is provided just to describe ‘indevelopment technology’.
Value added’ by meaning is always a positive number considering that ‘added’ means rises.
Service regularly requires greater labor content, whereas production is more resources intensive.
Measurement of performance in company is even more straightforward than in production because it is not important to take right into account the expense of products.
Special-objective innovation is a prevalent way of providing increased customization in manufacturing or solutions without taking on added labor expenses.
One strategy of classifying manufacturing devices is the degree of standardization.
Many people enrespond to operations just in profit-making establishments.
Service involves a much higher level of customer call than production.
A units method emphasizes interrelationships among subunits, yet its major theme is that the whole is greater than the amount of its individual components.
The Pareto phenomenon is among the most necessary and also pervasive concepts that deserve to be used at all levels of monitoring.
Operations managers, who commonly use quantitative viewpoints, are not really concerned through ethical decision-making.
The optimal solutions created by quantitative approaches need to always be evaluated in terms of the bigger frame.
Managers need to the majority of frequently depend on quantitative approaches for essential decisions since quantitative philosophies cause more accuratedecisions.
Many operations administration decisions deserve to be defined as tradeoffs.
A devices approach implies that we concentprice on effectiveness within a submechanism and thereby assure as a whole efficiency.
Prior to the Industrial Revolution, items were created primarily by craftsmen or their apprentices using practice made components.
Elton Mayo’s "Hawthorne Experiment" was the focal suggest of the Human Relations Movement, which emphasized the prestige of the humale aspect in task design.
Amongst Ford’s many kind of contributions was the arrival of mass manufacturing, utilizing the concept of interchangeable parts and also department of labor.
Operations management and marketing are the 2 practical locations that exist to support tasks in other features such as audit, finance, IT and also huguy sources.
Lean production systems incorporate the advantages of both mass production and craft production.
As an abstractivity of reality, a version is a simplified version of a genuine phenomenon.
Lean manufacturing devices use a extremely experienced occupational pressure and functional devices.
The lean manufacturing ideology has been slow-moving to be adopted in service markets.
Operations Management tasks will be less vital later on because many kind of firms are coming to be service-oriented operations fairly than products developing operations.
A contemporary firm has 2 supply chain considerations – external links via suppliers and customers, and also an interior netjob-related of flows to and also in between the operations function itself.