This post is part of the series Top 5 Spanish Slang Words Searched on Google where we function a complete list of examples for:
1. Spanish slang for friend2. Spanish slang for weed3. Spanish slang for white person4. Spanish slang for cool5. Spanish slang for girl
Spanish Slang for Cool
The word cool in English is an adjective for temperature, but colloquially is hard to specify. It is so difficult to uncover a formal interpretation that a group of medical researchers lead by a psychologist of the University of Rochester Medical Center carried out the study Coolness: An Empirical Investigation. In the examine they discovered that “being cool” was “focused on positive, socially preferable traits, such as friendly, knowledgeable, trendy and attractive.”
Cool is also an interjection for “excellent” and also it is additionally used to express acceptance or agreement.
You are watching: How do you say thats cool in spanish
Spanish has equivalents for “cool” and also they vary among countries. Here I have actually grouped a couple of examples from Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominideserve to Republic, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Spain and Venezuela. The most widespread Spanish slang words for cool are bacán, bacano and chévere.
Spanish Slang for Cool in Argentina
4. es una masa
6. piolaIn addition to “cool,” this word additionally have the right to be used in three even more ways: 1) through it, on the ball, clever, astute. 2) nice, friendly. 4) calm, peaceful, stay in manage.
7. sos un fenómenoUse this expression to compliment one more perchild interpretation “You are great!” or “You are cool!”
Source: Speaking Argento: A Guide to Spanish from Argentina by Jared Romey
Spanish Slang for Cool in Chile
1. a toperform cachete
3. buena onda
4. buena telaMeans “cool, great vibes” and describes either a instance or a person
7. cototo or cototudoThis word changes its meaning depending on the context: deserve to be “cool, amazing, nice” or the oppowebsite “difficult, difficult”
9. entreteThis word originates from the abbreviation of the word entretenido.
11. grosso or groso
13. la cagóAnother word via double meanings: 1) awesome, sweet, cool, well done or 2) crap, poorly done.
14. la muerte
17. ¡qué chori!
18. ¡qué top! or topísimo
Source: Speaking Chileno: A Guide to Spanish from Chile by Jared Romey
Spanish Slang for Cool in Colombia
6. culoThis word literally suggests “ass” and is regularly offered in the Caribbean shore of Colombia for “something cool or nice”
Source: Fast Guide to Colombian Spanish
Spanish Slang for Cool in Costa Rica
1. buena nota
2. buenazoThis word is only offered in referral to points.
4. chivaThis word is only supplied in recommendation to points.
5. está legal
8. militarIn addition to “cool,” this word also is provided to refer to a free-spirited perchild.
10. pura vidaPura vida is prefer the trademark word for Costa Rica that and used in different ways prefer “cool, excellent, great, awesome” or even to say “How it’s going?” Check out our full post Pura Vida: The many necessary phrase in Costa Rica.
11. tejaTeja is additionally generally used as a denomicountry for 100, for example “one hundred Colones (Costa Rican currency)” or “one hundred years”
Source: Diccionario de Palabrotas y Coloquialismos Ticos: Dictionary of Costa Rideserve to Slang by José Antonio González Ugalde
Spanish Slang for Cool in Dominihave the right to Republic
2. bacán or bacano
Source: Fast Guide to Dominideserve to Spanish
Spanish Slang for Cool in Mexico
1. chiexecute or chida
2. chingónThis word have the right to be use in a positive way meaning “cool as shit, awesome as hell” and likewise to make referral to a male via good abilities. The 3rd interpretation is not positive because it have the right to be a sneaky person that waits for someone else to do the job and also then takes the crmodify.
See more: Why Was Cinderella Thrown Off The Baseball Team, Why Was Cinderella Kicked Off The Baseball Team
4. padre, padrídismo or ¡qué padre!
5. que poca madreThis is just one of those words that, depending on the conmessage, the meanings are completely opposite: “that’s awesome, cool” or “that sucks, damn” as an expression of disapproval or disappointed
Source: Rapid Guide to Mexihave the right to Spanish and also Rapid Guide to More Mexican Spanish
Spanish Slang for Cool in Peru
Source: Fast Guide to Peruvian Spanish and also ¿Quién me llama?: Learn Peruvian Spanish Slang By Daniel McKay
Spanish Slang for Cool in Puerto Rico
1. brutalThis word can be provided in 2 forms: For example: El concierto estuvo brutal interpretation “cool, awesome” or El examales estuvo brutal. “too strong, also difficult”
4. gufeaoAlso spelled gufiao. This word comes from the English “goofy”
Source: Speaking Boricua: A Guide to Puerto Rico Spanish by Jared Romey
Spanish Slang for Cool in Spain
2. de puta madre
6. ¡qué caña!
7. ¡qué pasada!
Source: El español de la calle: Vocabulario coloquial by María Arnaldis
Spanish Slang for Cool in Venezuela
1. cartelúoUse in reference to points like for instance, something that has a good top quality, a good shape or looks, it is likewise applied to any pleasant situation
3. de pinga
5. nota or ¡qué nota!
Source: Quick Guide to Venezuelan Spanish and also Quick Guide to More Venezuelan Spanish
Spanish Slang for Cool in Other Countries
1. chivo: El Salvador
2. prity: Panama
3. purete: Paraguay
4. ¡qué fresa!: Honduras
5. tuanis: Honduras
6. virgo: Guatemala
Source: Diccionario de Americanismos by Asociación de Academias de la Lengua Española" data-image-caption="" data-medium-file="https://www.jiyuushikan.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Spanish-Slang-for-Cool-Infographic-400px-100x300.jpg" data-large-file="https://www.jiyuushikan.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Spanish-Slang-for-Cool-Infographic-400px-341x1024.jpg" title="Infographic: Spanish Slang for Cool" alt="Infographic: Spanish Slang for Cool" width="400" height="1200" srcset="https://www.jiyuushikan.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Spanish-Slang-for-Cool-Infographic-400px.jpg 400w, https://www.jiyuushikan.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Spanish-Slang-for-Cool-Infographic-400px-100x300.jpg 100w, https://www.jiyuushikan.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Spanish-Slang-for-Cool-Infographic-400px-341x1024.jpg 341w" data-src="http://jiyuushikan.org//wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Spanish-Slang-for-Cool-Infographic-400px.jpg" data-sizes="(max-width: 400px) 100vw, 400px" class="size-full wp-image-58489 lazyload" src="https://www.jiyuushikan.org/data:image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAAAAACH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAABAAEAAAICTAEAOw==" />Share this infographic with a Tweet, a Like or a Pin!
In the final write-up of this series The Top 5 Spanish Slang Words Searched on Google I will give you the list of Spanish slang words for girl.