Type your answers in the empty for each question. Do NOT usage the internet - usage ONLY the textbook to produce options in your own words.
1. A automobile that rises its rate from 20 km/h to 100 km/h undergoes ____________________ acceleration.
You are watching: According to chapter 18, explain why a purple flower appears purple when white light shines on it.
2. It generally takes more force to start an object sliding than it does to store an item sliding bereason static friction is normally ____________________ than sliding friction.
3. As an object’s temperature rises, the ____________________ at which it radiates power boosts.
4. Using a hammer to drive a nail, it is the reactivity force that brings the movement of the hammer to a soptimal however the _______________ that drives the nail right into the hardwood.
5. The region wright here a magnet's pressure is strongest is at the_________________________.
6. When a perkid plucks a guitar string, the variety of fifty percent wavelengths that fit into the size of the string determines the ____________________ of the sound created.
7. The power source used to create the majority of of the electric power in the USA is ____________________.
8. The magnetic area lines of a bar magnet begin near the magnet’s ____________________.
9. In a closed mechanism, the loss of momentum of one object ____________________ the acquire in momentum of an additional object.
10. The regulation of reflection says that the angle of reflection is equal to the angle of ____________________.
Type your answers in the room listed below each question. Do NOT usage the internet - use ONLY the textbook to create remedies in your very own words. To get complete crmodify for any type of math problem, you must present occupational and last units.
11. How much time will it take a vehicle travelling at 88 km/hr (55 mi/hr) to take a trip 500km? Show work-related for crmodify and encompass final systems.
12. Throughout a race, a runner runs at a rate of 6 m/s. 2 secs later, she is running at a speed of 10 m/s. What is the runner’s acceleration? Sexactly how your job-related.
13. Look at the graph below measuring the rate of a truck and also answer the following 2 questions:
a) If the graph represents rate, what is measured on the x and y axes? You must specifically determine which axis is which.
b) Based on what the y axis procedures, define the motion of the truck stood for by the graph from point 2 to 6.
14. If you push a 900N refrigerator through the exact same force as you lift a 40N dumbbell, the dumbbell will certainly move much faster. According to Chapter 12, which of Newton’s regulations is this an example of? Exsimple exactly how you know.
15. How does the stamina of an electromagnet depfinish on the existing and the number of transforms in the coil?
16. Identify 2 types of nuclear reactions in which the equation E = mc2 applies.
Use the following photo to answer inquiries #17 and #18. Consider that after the snowboarder starts down from the hill from suggest A, she travels all the means to the end of the path.
17. Standing still at the peak of the hill at allude A, what type of energy (potential and/or kinetic) would certainly the snowboarder have? How perform you know?
18. Explain the energy conversion from allude C to allude B. Make certain to incorporate a description of both kinetic and potential energy.
19. A tiny dog is trained to jump right up a distance of 1.2 m. How much kinetic power does the 7.2-kg dog have to jump this high? (The acceleration due to gravity is 9.8 m/s2.) Sexactly how your job-related for credit.
20. As 390 g of warm milk cools in a mug, it transfers 30,000 J of warm to the environment. What is the temperature change of the milk? The certain warm of milk is 3.9 J/g·°C. Show your work-related for credit.
21. Thermal conductors don’t need to be hot to transfer heat. According to Ch.16, describe a case as soon as an ice cube would certainly still deliver warmth to an additional object it is in call via.
22. What is a medium?
Use the following diagram to answer inquiries #23 and also 24.
23. Which wave, the top or bottom, has the bigger frequency? Exsimple why.
24. In the bottom wave, just how many finish wavelengths are tright here from 0 – 25 on the x axis?
25. Exordinary why the rate of sound is faster in solids than in gases. Include two other determinants Chapter 17 states the speed of sound have the right to depend on.
26. Which waves have wavelengths much longer than those of visible light? Give an instance of how each type of wave is supplied.
27. According to Chapter 18, define why a purple freduced shows up purple once white light shines on it.
Use the diagram listed below for questions #28 and 29.
28. In the diagram over, which symbol represents the light bulb?
29. In the diagram over, which symbol represents the battery?
Use the following photo to answer Concern 30:
30. The photo over mirrors 3 sets of balloons, all via a details charge. Which of the picture(s) is true? Exordinary. Then describe why the other 2 pictures are incorrect. Make certain to explain all 3 sets.
Use the following image to answer Question 31:
31. The bars in the drawing over are magnets. According to Chapter 21, which of the adhering to picture(s) is true? Exordinary. Then explain why the other 2 pictures are incorrect. Make certain to define all 3 sets.
See more: Here'S Why Is Sex Always On My Mind ? You Could Be Hypersexual!
32. Based on how the book explains a warm pump in Sec 16.3, exactly how does a warmth pump prove the regulation of conservation of energy? Hint: think about a refrigerator.
33. A bird flies from the South Pole to the North Pole. Part of the journey is 1000 miles that takes 2 weeks. What is the bird’s velocity in that time? Show occupational for crmodify and also encompass last units.