In speeches, posts, and blog short articles via the years, I’ve been fond of sharing this tried-and-true adage: the family members that prays together continues to be together. I believe that via all my heart. As author Tim Keller claims, “Prayer is both conversation and enrespond to via God.” Susan and I favor to have actually that encounter alone via God and also we also reap having actually our prayer time together. We pray together simply about eextremely day.
You are watching: A couple that prays together stays together
It’s so important for married couples to pray together. Praying with your spouse, if you haven’t made it a halittle, deserve to feel awkward at initially, yet will certainly then end up being somepoint you will find comforting and also encouraging. We must encourage couples all over to be intentional about praying together. Here are some of the benefits:
1. Praying together humbles you: Praying about your pertains to and also struggles keeps you humble as you share through God and also your spouse what points issue you and tempt you, or what you have to figure out. When you pray to God, you are not just talking and listening to Him but also recognizing that He knows all points and controls all points.
2. Praying teaches you to be other-focused: Spfinishing time talking and praying together about issues and involves helps you watch life and the troubles of your spouse in a much better light. Praying helps you emphasis on your spousage and also others, too.
3. Praying together motivates vulnercapability and grace: Prayers of confession or for asking God for assist against a temptation allows you to be fragile via each various other, and to show forgiveness and also grace towards each other. It might feel counter-intuitive but that vulnercapability have the right to likewise strengthen the love and affection you feel for one another.
4. Praying together increases trust and intimacy via spouse: Intimacy is constructed on trust, and trust is constructed on exactly how we respond to being delicate via each other. Praying together helps you present and receive trust that strengthens the bonds of intimacy in your relationship.
Praying together helps you display and get trust that strengthens the bonds of intimacy in your relationship.
Click To Tweet
5. Praying together strengthens the bond of the marriage: Prayer is also a means to seek God’s wisdom together. As you pray and also involved agreements on matters, that discipline then builds unity and toughness in the marital relationship. And prayer is also where you deserve to fight for your marriage together once the challenging days come.
6. Praying together helps your spousage recognize your struggles and also demands better: Praying together around your struggles and concerns also helps you both recognize exactly how to much better pray for each other throughout the week because you get to recognize each other better. And prayer provides understanding on exactly how to assist and love each various other much better, as well.
7. Prayer alters people: I really like the quote about prayer from an actor playing C.S. Lewis in the movie Shadowlands: “I pray bereason I can’t aid myself. I pray because I’m helpmuch less. I pray because the require flows out of me all the moment, waking and sleeping. It doesn’t change God, it changes me.”
8. Praying together reminds you that God is the single resource of life, reality, love, and also hope: When you pray together, you are concentrating your minds, hearts, and marital relationship on God. You are making your marriage God-focused. You are sharing via Him your deepest demands and desires, hopes and also dreams…together.
These are simply some of the exceptionally finest factors I desire to encourage you to pray together, even more frequently if you currently execute, or starting currently if you never before have actually. Share these 10 Mom Prayers with your wife today!
Do you and your spouse pray together? Comment Below.
Comment3 | Share | Tweet | PinIt | print | email
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2017
Don"t miss out on any kind of new blog short articles by simply filling out the basic develop below. You deserve to unsubscribe at any type of time.
I am the president of the nationwide non-profit organization, Family First , and also the voice of a everyday radio regime dubbed The Family Minute.
I have authored the book, All Pro Dad: 7 Essentials to Be a Hero to Your Kids and, through my wife Susan, co-written the books Lists to Love By for Busy Husbands , Lists to Love By for Busy Wives , From Me to You: A Conversation Journal for You and Your Daughter , and From Me to You: A Conversation Jorunal for You and also Your Son .
I’m so grateful for my wife Susan , and also our 5 kids. I’ve learned how to be a far better husband also and also dad because of them.
See more: Why Was The Early West Considered A &Quot;Crossroads Of Culture&Quot;?
More around me...