1. Use the following classifications to determine which organism is least associated out of the three. Explain your rationale. (1 pts)
The Eastern Newt is the leastern connected organism out of the three. While all 3 are classified into the same domajor, kingdom, phylum and also class the Eastern Newt is in a different order than the American Eco-friendly Tree Frog and also the European Fire-Bellied Toad.
You are watching: 2. how does your answer from question 1 relate to the linnaean classification system?
2. How has DNA sequencing influenced the science of classifying organisms? (1 pts)
DNA sequencing has actually allowed for the comparikid of genes at the molecular level as opposed to physical traits at the organism level. Physical traits have the right to be misleading when classifying how related 2 organisms are. DNA sequencing have the right to also map relatedness through generations and more accurately assess exactly how very closely associated 2 organisms are.
3. You are on vacation and also see an organism that you execute not recognize. Discuss what possible steps you can take to classify it. (1 pts)
The organism’s physical functions can be offered to compare it to known organisms. Some physiological features have the right to even maybe be used to assist classify it.
Experiment 1: Dichotomous Key Practice Level American Green Tree
Bellied Toadinomial Name
Table 3: Dichotomous Key Results
(2 pts each)
1. What execute you notification about the choices of each action as they go from number one up. (1 pt)
The alternatives come to be more and even more specific.
2. How does your answer from question one relate to the Linnaean classification system? (1 pts)
The dichotomous key options became even more and also more specific as they came closer to identifying the organism just choose the classification system starts as a vast category (i.e, pet kingdom) and becomes even more specific till a unique species is classified (i.e., species).
See more: Why Is The Enlightenment Considered A Turning Point In World History
Experiment 2: Category of Organisms
The circulation chart concerns will certainly lead you to the correct classification of the organisms right into their respective kingdoms. Table 2, shown above, has actually an error in your lab manual--sunflowers carry out not have motility. Most of you saw the discrepancy and went through the answer you acquired from the flow chart. For the blanks in the completed table (above), that's because those answers are variable, and not crucial to identify that organism making use of the provided flow chart. (3 pts)
1. Did this series of inquiries effectively organize each organism? Why or why not? (2)
Yes. If the concerns in the “tree” were answered appropriately, each organism must end up in the correct kingdom.
2. What additional questions would certainly you ask to additionally categorize the items within the domain names and kingdoms (Hint: think about other organisms in the kingdom and what provides them various than the examples provided here)? (2 pts)
Your answers will differ, however you have to have actually brainstormed other organisms that belengthy to each domain or kingdom. For example, fish are also in the pet kingdom - how perform fish differ from bears (gills rather of lungs, live in water, and so on.)? What makes types of protists various from each various other (form, form of activity, etc.)?
3. What inquiries would you have actually asked of the ones that you answered around once classifying the organisms? (2 pts)